Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Still Breathing

“Let me be the one who calls you baby all the time Surely you can take some comfort knowing that you're mine Just hold me tight, lay by my side and let me be the one who calls you baby all the time”

(The Used – “Smother Me”)


This blog was never intended to be about the adventures of “Antonia and Russ” but since we spend so much time together these days it’s kind of hard NOT to write about us. However I won’t write about ALL of the details between us, just the days that I think are worth sharing (even though I am biased and think everything Russ does is worth writing about lol!).

Thursday was Russ’ graduation from the Las Vegas Metro Police Academy; if I was smart I would have taken video of the ceremony since it was amazing! I was very proud of Russ for the time and dedication he put forth into graduating and becoming a Metro police officer, I knew he would make it through the 8 months of tough training and I wouldn’t say it made me see him in a whole new light, but it was great to see him in his element. I was surprised that there were so many people that I knew attending the ceremony, both civilians and officers, it was an all around memorable event and I am so happy to have been there.
After all the pictures and well wishes were done we went to Russ’s parent’s house to eat some yummy food and celebrate Russ’s niece’s birthday along with his accomplishment. Being around Russ’ family is always a fun and relaxing time since they’re the epitome of a loving family.
Once the food was digested Russ and I headed over to Cherry nightclub in the Redrock Station Resort Hotel Casino for a private party for all the newly graduated recruits and hung out by the pool. While we were there I finally had the opportunity to meet his TAC officer who turned out to be an extremely nice man despite his reputation, he asked me about Russ and what it was like dealing with him while he was going through the academy. He seemed interested in our relationship too so we talked a little about that, I also got to meet some more of the guys he went through the academy with. I already knew a few of the guys so it wasn’t too awkward being introduced to everyone or jumping into a conversation, but I did love sitting back and listening to them talk about experiences and better memories.

Friday Meghan and I had dinner and then snuck yummy frozen yogurt in to the theatre. We watched House Bunny and it was hysterical! Meghan had already seen it but she was a buddy and went with me so I wouldn’t be alone. But I can’t wait for it to come out on DVD so I can buy it, there were so many funny quotes and it did end up having a decent message besides the fact that it’s based on Playboy. Thanks Meghan!

On Saturday I can’t really remember too much of what I did other than I missed Russ like crazy and went to dinner around 4:00pm with my mom, I literally had just finished eating when Russ invited me to dinner with him, his brother Niels and their dad. I couldn’t say no to the opportunity of spending more time with Russ so I agreed even though we went to a buffet and I ate ANOTHER dinner WITH dessert. After my second dinner we went to watch my friends Justin and Jono perform in their amazing band over at Jillian’s in the Neonopolis. I’ve known Jono since December 07, but we’ve never actually met in person since he lives in Canada. Our friendship basically exists thanks to Myspace and Facebook, so it was cool to finally talk to him face to face, he’s as cool in person as he is via text lol!

Monday me, Russ, Gabe, his delightful wife Wendy, our friends Dan and Ned and a couple of new friends went shooting in the desert, I don’t know all of the guns I shot but it was a ton of fun despite the fact that my left arm is burned from being in the sun for 3 hours straight without protection (very smart Antonia). I went shopping with my mom for a couple of hours and had a late lunch with her before Russ picked me up again to eat dinner at his parent’s house (I swear I’m going to gain 100lbs from all the double dinners I do with them). We watched some college football before we drove to the east side of Vegas to see the view over the valley. We got there in time to see part of the sunset while laying on the hood of his car, but once the sun went down and the city lights burned brighter we started talking about the few stars/planets we could see and the differences between a small town and a city. It was a very nice night and very relaxing, so for a second I almost forgot that we were in Las Vegas. Eventually he drove me home and I stayed up for a couple of hours to clean my room and put my clothes away.

I spent a lot of time with Russ last week (I didn’t mention every day we spent together) so right now we’re going through withdrawals (yes even though it is day one) and trying to cope with having to wait to see each other again. Somehow we’ve become attached to each other to a ridiculously extreme degree; I don’t know how we ever got through a day without talking or seeing each other before we became a couple. I realized on Sunday that our dependency on one another is so bad that when we’re apart we’re ALWAYS thinking of one another and when we’re together we’re always touching somehow. Because to not touch or feel the assurance that we’re near each other feels like something important is missing. When we walk or stand next to each other we’re either holding hands or with an arm around one another. When we sit together our knees or feet have to touch if we can’t hold hands (due to eating or discretion). The same goes for when he’s driving; I don’t know what we’re going to do when he gets his truck fixed since it’s a standard transmission. Being together is as natural as breathing and like breathing you don’t notice how important it is until you stop.

I can’t imagine dating anyone other than Russ, I know everyone always says that their boyfriend is the best one ever… But I seriously believe that mine is. He definitely gives Edward Cullen a run for his money.

Speaking of… Stephenie Meyer has playlists on her site for each of the books, so in honor of Twilight (one of the best love stories ever!) I’m going to post a playlist of songs that are me and Russ’s favorites or songs that correlate to how we feel right now. Enjoy!

1. “Head Over Feet” – Alanis Morissette
2. “Better Together” – Jack Johnson
3. “All I Want Is You” – U2
4. “18th Floor Balcony” – Blue October
5. “I Caught Fire” – The Used
6. “Hands Down” – Dashboard Confessional
7. “Tiger Lily” – Matchbook Romance
8. “Smother Me” – The Used
9. “Calling You” – Blue October
10. “Everytime We Touch” – Cascada

2 comments:

Adaeze G. said...

PLZZ READ AND COMMENT MY BLOGS!THX

Wendy said...

Hey - I need to email pics to you of shooting! I posted some on my blog if you wanna see. But text Gabe your email address (or is it on facebook - I will look) and I will send them to you...fun times!

Wendy