Drama. When does anyone grow tired of having it in their life? I lost interest around the time I turned 18. But somehow it insists on following me around like a yappy little dog circling my ankles. And like a yappy little dog, no matter how hard I may try to avoid it, sometimes I trip over it and sometimes it bites me. Sometimes I'm lucky enough to lose it for a while, but eventually it finds me again and I'm forced to keep my eyes down instead of up where they should be so I don't trip or get bitten again. Because for some reason, kicking it away from me doesn't help. It only comes back angrier and more apt to hurt me in a debilitating way.
I've said it before but I'll say it again. I'm not perfect. I have many flaws. But I'm not the devil, I'm not the worst person in the world; not even close to it. But for a reason I can't figure out, there are a group of people who would have anyone who hangs around them long enough to believe that I am indeed, EVIL. I don't know what I did to any of them, but I wish they'd leave me alone. More than that, I wish they'd leave my husband out of their plots to tear me down. He loves me for who I am, just as I am. He doesn't love me despite my flaws, he loves me BECAUSE of my flaws. He doesn't want to hear from bitter women how terrible, psychotic, insecure and unhappy I am (yes, those are direct quotes). It's not that he wants to turn a blind eye to my imperfections, it's that he is the one person who has seen me from every aspect and knows who I really am. To quote Avatar "he SEES ME". These people who have nothing but venomous words to spit at me are freaking LUCKY he controls himself, because you can bet they'd be left speechless and crying after he got finished with them. I am so blessed to have not only a loving, protective husband. But to have so many loving friends who have stood by me despite my weaknesses and despite what anyone tells them about me. Because in the end, only my true friends know what kind of a person I really am.
End of an Era!
15 years ago
2 comments:
A sweet "High Five " to the face is what they need! Let us all grow up and move along with our OWN lives.
Eric and I love you because you are Evil! haha and you share a passion for dead things but yet you balance your spirituality very well.
In the end the ones who are unhappy with themselves now and have nothing better to do than say harsh/untrue things will end up all alone. I have a prime example and we just lost a really great friend because of mean things that were said.
"Buck up little camper, we'll beat that slope... together"
This breaks my heart :( I'm so sorry there are some awful people out there treating you this way!! Just know there are some people out there, besides Russ, that love you for you! But I'm so grateful you have him and the gospel. Not that Russ needs help, but I would be glad to pitch in if he got his hands on them lol.
Post a Comment