I'm going to rant. I haven't done that in a while, at least not in the open where anyone could see it. Russ hears me rant though; quite often, but now I'm putting it out there for anyone to take offense to if they wish.
The direction women are headed grieves me. Literally. I feel ashamed of our sex and wonder what happened to the art of being a woman. Women, ALL women use to have this innate talent when it came to homemaking. It didn't matter whether a woman chose to work or stay home with her children, every woman was in touch with her feminine side. Now when I say feminine side, I'm not necessarily referring to the girly habits, I'm talking about what makes a woman a woman... the traits associated with mothers, sewing, cooking, nurturing, listening, encouraging, strengthening etc. Women these days think that because they cry during chick flicks, get their nails done every other week and have a boyfriend that that makes them feminine. It doesn't. It makes them GIRLY. Now there's nothing wrong with being girly, but let's call it what it is shall we? I'm by no means girly, but I'd say I'm pretty feminine. I'm no 50's housewife, but I do my best to keep my home running smoothly, cook decent meals for my husband and sew his pants whenever they rip. I also prefer to watch action movies, go shooting and go days without wearing any makeup.
Blah. I'm tired and this rant is going in circles. Short story... women are forgetting their roles as daughters of God and focusing more on following trends, even though that leaves them pretty disabled and useless to their menfolk. But hey, if a woman would rather worry about the next episode of Gossip Girl instead of honing their life/family skills that's her perogative right?
End of an Era!
15 years ago
1 comments:
2000% agree. Without a mother there to cook, nuture, and show these kids that there are more important things in life rather than reality tv and trends that come and go like diarrhea. Kids are screwed! Im so grateful for my mother and for her showing me that taking care of out men and our families is most important. Im also glas I know how to cook, clean, thoughtfully pack a lunch without being asked, sew, and decorate like it's no ones business.
Its weird to hear someone say "you can sew?" or "you know how to do that? who are you betty Crocker?" hahah my answer is "yes they don't call me betty freakin crocker for nothing!"
I think you are amazing for posting this and for taking the time to notice how frozen foods/fast food will soon over take grocery stores. its sad.
Post a Comment