Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Let's Dust This Off

I haven't written anything since before we got married. For me, that is too long to go without expressing myself creatively. I worried about it after month 3 of not writing, Russ said maybe I no longer have anything to say since most of what I wrote about was speculative and a bit angsty. But now I think I'm being challenged. I kind of took for granted my writing ability because words have always come so easily to me, but of course it's easy to write about broken hearts, watching someone conquer an addiction or being misunderstood by everyone. What's not easy is taking an everyday thing like being happy with yourself or telling someone you love them through a lyrical story. So, I think this is a test, I've always written brooding lyrics but now it's time for me to step up and write about something else. This is where I prove to myself that I really am a talented writer, that I am diverse and have flexibility. Maybe then I will be confident enough to take the steps towards publishing my work.

0 comments: