Friday, July 3, 2009

Count Your Blessings Day By Day

It has been too long since my last post. A lot has happened even though I haven't talked much about it here or on my other blog, but there hasn't been any time for me to express all the thoughts going through my mind. I still don't feel like I have enough time, but here is something I have been thinking of this week.

I am blessed. More so than anyone else in this world. I know that that is an extremely bold thing to say, but it is true and I will challenge you to say the same thing about your life (and MEAN it). If you can surpass me, I commend you and say that you have finally learned to live your life and not just go through the motions. In fact I would HOPE that you would contend my assurance. I hate to think that you don't appreciate all of the little things that occur on a daily basis. AND that you thank our Heavenly Father for those tiny blessings, not just the major ones. For example, since Russ and I began dating we've become avid Sonic go-ers. I usually get a corn dog, a drink, side of tots and jalapeno poppers, but a while back I decided to only get a drink, a corn dog and jalapeno poppers. After we'd ordered though I thought to myself how much I regretted not getting the tots too, and when I opened the bag after receiving our food... I was pleased to discover that an extra side of tater tots was in there just for me. This may sound silly, but I believe that Heavenly Father answered my wish just to say "I heard you and was thinking of you..., So here are your tots." He didn't have to do that, a seemingly insignificant blessing like that doesn't affect anyone but myself, but He did it anyway, because He is a loving Father who wants me to be happy. He wants me to remember Him and know that He loves me, and if granting me a free order of tater tots is the way to go... Then why not? That's just a small, silly example of how He blesses us everyday. I know that He is aware of our needs AND our wants, but it is up do us to maintain a relationship with Him to be deserving of His gifts. And Prayer... CONSTANT prayer is the first step to RE-gaining an intimate, spiritual relationship with Him and we start by keeping the Holy Spirit with us to keep those spiritual lines of communication open.

0 comments: