"Straight up, what did you hope to learn about here,
If I were someone else, would this all fall apart
Strange, where were you, when we started this gig,
I wish the real world, would just stop hassling me"
- Real World ~ Matchbox 20
About four years ago I use to read be active in reading and watching the news, but then I grew tired of hearing the same horrible things so I finally quit paying attention and locked myself into this nice little box of ignorance. Don't get me wrong, I know from personal experience just how imperfect and potentially dangerous this world is I just didn't want to hear about it anymore. It was either President Bush and Weapons of Mass Destruction or Paris Hilton's drinking problem. Hmm.... So many options to choose from when it comes to nurturing the mind! So maybe the latest political out rage is surrounding Obama and the Stimulus checks he promised, and the photo of Miley Cyrus mocking Asians has taken the place of people's need for celebrity dirt. But I digress!! The true purpose behind this blog is the news surrounding the alleged 13 year old father in Britain (read the full story here http://news.aol.com/article/is-13-year-old-father-story-a-scam/342151?icid=sphere_newsaol_inpage), the 9 near old boy being charged for the murder of his father (http://news.aol.com/article/boy-essay-father-arrest/347380), and the recent discovery that men view women in bikini's as "tools" or "objects" (http://science.kukuchew.com/2009/02/17/women-in-bikinis-are-tools-to-men/).
These stories prove that:
A) Immodest/inappropriate clothing whether intentional or not sends men sexual messages, and
B) Traditional family values and structures lacking in today's society are sorely needed.
So what are the solutions to fixing/preventing these situations? http://www.mormon.org/
In the words of Forest Gump "That's all I gotta say about that."
0 comments:
Post a Comment