I got this post from my friend Nick (he's le shiz, show him love http://njgamboa.blogspot.com/) I feel like he hit the nail on the head with this one.
In life, we constantly deal with uncertainties. There are some things that exist in our realm of control: how much money we spend on stuff we don't need, who we're going to spend the day with, or what movie to watch at home. But there are some things that are left to chance, fate, whatever you want to call it....and it's such a crushing thought to have; to know that there are things in your life that you have absolutely no control over, that there is nothing you can do to better or worsen the situation. I've been told that the hardest thing for a mans ego to accept is this very simple truth, and I can honestly say that it holds true, regardless of what type of personality you have. Love is one of the most complicated ideas that float between these realms of control. Is love an emotion that we consciously are aware and in control of, or are our emotions untamed, taking us for an insane roller coaster ride where we are merely passengers along for the fun? I'm fairly certain that it's a mixture of the two. Who you are physically attracted to, who you get along with, who you hang around with - those are things that we are in control of because they are conscious decisions that we make and maintain. But what about whim, what about chance? What about that girl at the coffee shop where only one look was exchanged, but it felt like we've known each other forever? What about the person you fell in love with without knowing anything about them? I know I'm not the only person in the world who has felt these things, and they can't be merely labeled as lust; lust is the uncontrolled desire for a person sexually, physically. But what about that random emotional attachment we find to people by chance, randomly and without reason?Anyone ever look into the Chaos Theory? I watched a movie tonight that gave me a little bit of a different perspective on its ties with love. "[chaos theory] tries to determine underlying patterns and chaotic systems in weather, ocean currents, blood flow, etc. As it turns out, there are very few things more chaotic than the beating of the human heart; speeding up, slowing down, pretty face, a flight of stairs - it's always changing depending on what's happening to us out there. It's an erratic son of a bitch. But under all that bump-dada-bump mess, there is infact a pattern, a truth, and it's love. 
The most important thing about love is that we choose to give it, and we choose to receive it, making it the least random act in the universe."I'm in a point in my life where the seriousness of love doesn't fall into place. I'm suppose to focus on myself, and in doing so I will grow into the person that a person can love and be loved in return (so I'm told). Being a romantic myself, this isn't exactly a truth that clicked right away....but I got there. My eyes are open to the world out there, and I'm starting to see the world as it is, piece by piece. But how do you grow up when you don't want to? When you want to stay in the naivety of it all before you turn into another drone in the world, supposedly wiser for it....guess time will tell with things like this, and for now I'll just ponder on what things will be like for me in when I do grow up, and look back with nostalgia on the times where I didn't know any better.
0 comments:
Post a Comment