It’s been almost a month since my last post.
I went to Zia records last week in an attempt to receive cash back for a heap of used CDs I no longer listen to. I browsed through the store while I waited for the sales representative to finally get to my stack of CDs and DVDs, but after 45 minutes of waiting patiently for him to serve me I eventually asked for my stuff back and left. As he handed my tote bag back to me, he stated “But you’re next in line!” to which I replied “Great so I can wait around another 45 minutes while my stuff gets sorted through? I don’t have time to wait here all night, but thank you.”
Since late August I’ve been in and out of doctor’s offices for one reason or another (which is frustrating since I've been to the doctors more times this past six months than my entire life and that is not an exaggeration), the first because I had to complete my yearly physical exam and was declared inhumanly healthy, though two weeks later I visited an urgent care clinic because I had a persistent cough. A week after that I returned to the same clinic for the same reason in addition to going through withdrawals for all the steroids and narcotics I was given the week before (stupid Vegas “doctors”). I was prescribed two forms of muscle relaxers and nausea medication to help me endure the withdrawals but nothing to get rid of my cough (stupid ignorant Vegas “doctors”). So after a couple more weeks of trying to get rid of my cough on my own (I tried every kind of cough suppressant invented, stayed home in bed sipping warm liquids, sat in the bathroom with the hot shower running doubled up on my codeine doses etc.) I finally went to another doctor’s office and was prescribed medication that helped relieve my cough and had my blood drawn. I returned to the doctor’s office a week later to hear the results of my blood test, though there was nothing alarmingly wrong with me, but since I don’t smoke, drink alcohol, abuse drugs, have any tattoos or diseases, the doctor wanted to run another blood test because apparently my liver enzymes were higher than “normal”. After several other office visits leading up to this month, I was referred to a specialist to try and figure out what is going on with my body. So on Friday I had a consultation with said specialist and was told that I probably have a fatty liver (WTF?!?!). He said that I am a healthy weight for my height and though it is unusual for someone like me to have a fatty liver (the typical victims of a fatty liver are either fat, diabetic, had internal surgery, black or just plain fat), despite the oddity it is likely the case since I am other wise young and healthy. He said that he was not advising me to lose any weight, however, if I lost one or two pounds my liver would probably return to normal. So he ordered ANOTHER blood test and told me to check back after the first of the year.
According to the specialist, a fatty liver is caused by fat tissue invading the healthy tissue, which causes the healthy cells to work over time (picture a sold out Jonas Brother’s concert and all the twelve year old girls pushing and shoving the other concert goers as they attempt to rush the stage and sit up front, while the security guards stand sentinel and attempt to prevent chaos). So no more fried fast food, more time at the gym, lots of water and natural juices, fresh fruits and vegetables and I should be good (I’m not “fat” but I have a “fatty liver”, go figure that one out…)
Tuesday and Wednesday it snowed a good 8 inches, Thursday Kyle and Amy came down from Texas with their awesome children (I’m seriously going to miss those guys!!) and I immediately fell in love with Lily, Tom and Catherine. I seriously want kids like that someday (Amy if you and Kyle move to Vegas you have guaranteed free babysitters!). Friday we went to Russ’ house and played pillow and tickle wars before Russ and I went to a coworker’s home for a holiday party. Then we went to see The Tale of Desperaux (pretty cute, though not what I was expecting). Saturday I went to breakfast with Russ and his family at his Aunt Kim’s house, then Lily, Sis. Bybee and I had a small tea party before everyone knocked out for naps. So I left with my mom for a bit and finished my Christmas shopping (whoo hoo!!) before we headed to the Las Vegas Bowl. IT WAS FREAKIN COLD!!!!!! BYU lost by 10 points… But it was so fun!!
I love the cold weather! I am excited to be able to wear bulky clothes even if a sniffley nose and cold hands is uncomfortable, the season is great!
People keep asking about the wedding plans and how they're coming along... The planning is going GREAT but the DOING part needs work.... So I'm trying to be more proactive about all of that, ugh.... The most important part (the temple reservation) is taken care of and I don't really care about anything else other than spending eternity with my best friend (Russ). AW! I love him so much, it makes me get all sappy and disgusting. I'm so lucky to have him in my life.
The book is going great, I'm so satisfied with the chapters I've completed so far! But I am going to have to make changes that will take alot of time, so I'm post poning that for as long as my characters will allow (yes they still talk to me). So we'll see, I feel myself caving in within the month.
Sorry for the non-descript update, but either I say too much or nothing at all. It’s all part of the walking contradiction pretense.
End of an Era!
15 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment