Thursday, October 23, 2008

Because The World Is Round

Wow! It's been awhile since I last posted a blog on here, I guess I should stop procrastinating and post something now even if it's short and random (hey kinda like me!).
It's almost the end of the month and I can already feel the "holiday spirit" creeping into the atmosphere. I am excited that I got to wear a scarf today, and am even more excited that I'll get to bundle up on Saturday if I want to stay warm at the regional YSA Ho Down up at Coon Ranch. Last night Russ, Niels and I went shopping for country attire so that we can fit in or stand out, which ever occurs. I am sad to say that there is a shortage of country/farm wear available here in Vegas. All the time I spent in California and I took for granted that you could walk into just about any clothing store to find boots, hats, belt buckles and rope.
Tomorrow is my drs. appt. and I'll find out what the crap is wrong with me, hopefully there won't be anything too serious in my lab results. Also, Russ and I are dressing up to go to a friend's little get together, I'm going as a gothic vampire and he's going as a rock star (I still think he could use more accessories...). I'll hopefully have picture available to post next time I'm on here, which may be awhile since I'll be in Oregon from 10/28/08 - 11/4/08.
So since I'm being random, I'll break off into a random tangent.
It really irritates me when pessimestic, worldly people stick their noses into me and Russ' relationship and try to label us with their own negative experiences. Yes, I appreciate the fact that they're trying to keep me levelheaded, but at the same time... I hate when they argue with me when I say I know how I feel or what I'm doing. Anyone who KNOWS me knows what kind of dating experience I have and how I always let my head lead before my heart. I'm not the type of person who falls head over heels easily or makes irrational decisions without thinking everything through, but there is nothing irrational about me and Russ' relationship so what makes them raise their eyebrow at me when I gush about how much I look forward to spending the rest of eternity with him? Anyone who KNOWS me knows that my life is not normal or ordinary, so why would my love story be boring? I wish everyone had more experiences like mine so that they would quit spitting on my shoes and telling me it's raining.
Friends don't do that.
I am however extremely blessed to have so many friends who are cheering us on, those are the kind of friends that make the world go 'round. I am grateful to those who are supportive, understanding, helpful and enthusiastic towards this exciting time for us. Since we're a little lost when it comes to all of this, I mean how many times in a lifetime does someone find the love of their life? How I was blessed with finding a man as awesome as Russ I will never know... But I am inspired by Jen and Shane Bybee to someday raise my own boys the way that they have, their example of family structure is proof that raising a decent, respectable human being IS possible.
That's all for now! Thanks for spending time to read my boring blog.
Much Love,
Antonia

1 comments:

Amy said...

If people think you are rushing things, just ask Russ how long it took for Kyle and I to get engaged.... (3 weeks)When it is right, it is right. I still like Kyle. :)